Saturday, July 23, 2011

We All Fall Down

Recap:
Alice led us out into her front yard and stopped briefly. It killed me to see her so hurt, so upset and I watched as I saw tears streaming down her cheeks, now pink from the cold. "How could you do this to me? Out of anyone, I trusted and loved you the most!" She said. Her words obviously directed towards me.
She turned towards the street and then she ran.
At that point, everything happened so fast, it was but a blur. I stood there as I watched Jasper run after her. It felt as though in that moment he had made his decision. It was Alice, not me. I would have to deal with the aftermath. Sickened by the realization that I just lost my best friend, my sister and my confident and now as Jasper ran after her, I had lost my love.
My life was unraveling before my eyes and I did not have the power to stop it.
I turned back towards the house to see Emmett coming through the front door. His lips mouthed, "What is going on?" But I heard nothing except the sound of tires screeching behind me.
I spun around to see where the sound was coming from but as soon as I saw what had happened, I wished I had never have looked. I dropped to my knees unable to breath, in disbelief, wanting desperately to believe I was in caught in a nightmare that I couldn't wake from.
The road that Alice and Edward lived on wasn't a very busy road. They had just the normal neighbors passing through, but nothing more than that. On this night, a UPS truck had turned the corner a little too sharp, and skidded violently on the black ice.
Even if the driver had seen them in time, he never would have been able to control his truck before it hit Jasper dead on.
X.X.X
It had been six hours, twenty-two minutes and approximately fifty seconds…no, wait fifty-two since Jasper had been taken to the hospital.
During that time period of time I had lost my best friend, respect from others along with the respect that I ever managed to have for myself. Although, the respect for myself was something I think I lost a long time ago.


No matter how much time would pass in-between the accident and the present, I would never be able to forget what happened that night:
The cold air froze my tears as I ran towards the road and I could feel Emmett's hands on my arms as I ran towards Jasper. But it wasn't just Jasper I was running to…Alice was there as well.
My feet couldn't carry me as fast as I needed to go to get to Jasper and Alice. It was as if there was no one but me outside around me; I had drowned out everyone around me, all of the sounds were deafened, but I knew the contents of the house were now outside with me.
Finally, I reached them; the scene in front of me horrific. Jasper was lying on the ground with pool of blood surrounding his head; his arm at an angle that made my stomach churn. Alice was kneeling next to him; both of her hands covered in his blood while one of them held Jasper's hand. I fell to my knees across from Alice, unsure as to how she would react to me sitting near her. She looked at me with wide, wet eyes and shook her head and went back to Jasper.
His eyes were closed, as if he was sleeping. Not even knowing what I was doing, my fingers flew to the side of his neck checking his pulse, letting out a sigh of relief that I felt something beneath my fingers.
I looked around and saw that the driver of the UPS truck on his cell phone, likely calling the ambulance.
It was entirely my fault I thought to myself. If I hadn't been alone with him, none of this would have happened.
What if he didn't come out of his? And where was the fucking ambulance? Shouldn't they be here by now? What if they came too late and his heart stopped before they came? My eyes scanned his seemingly lifeless body looking to see if I could stop the bleeding anywhere. He had a gash on the side of his head and without thinking I ripped off my cardigan and balled it up, pushing lightly on his cut, now getting his blood on my own hands.
Alice looked at me and put a hand on my arm, "Bella, I'm scared." She said, shocking me with the contact.
Before I had a chance to answer her, I heard the sirens coming in the distance. And soon they were next to us, rushing around Alice and pushing me out of the way; where I belonged. I turned around and saw Emmett holding Rosalie lovingly as she cried. My eyes scanned the crowd for someone I could go to, but there was no one.
I heard someone from behind me and I turned back around to see the paramedics putting Jasper into the back of the ambulance and Alice jumping in behind them. My eyes then fell to the woman standing next to me with a clipboard in her hands. "Ma'am, are you alright? You have blood all over you; do you need me to check you out?" She asked.
I looked down at my hands, covered in Jasper's blood. I rubbed them on my dress wanting it off of me. I shook my head at her and turned back towards Emmett who had started to walk towards me. He wrapped me into a hug and I sobbed into his chest. He rubbed my back, "Shhh, Bella, it's ok; they are going to take care of him okay? How about we go home?" He asked trying to soothe me.
I nodded and he walked me to his car with his arm around me. He helped me into the passenger side of his beat up truck and as though time had moved at super speed, we were home in seconds.
We made our way inside and into the living room. I sat down while he went upstairs to get me a change of clothes and a bottle of water from the kitchen.
I was frozen, unable to move, unable to breathe properly…if anything happened…
"Here you go Bells."Emmett said handing me a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie. I took them into our hallway bathroom and changed in a daze…walking back out to Emmett like a zombie.
"You want to tell me what happened? I can leave you alone if you want, but knowing Alice she is going to need you at the hospital soon and you're going to need me to drive you. You are in no condition to drive." He said looking at me.
My eyes met his and I felt ashamed of everything. "Emmett, I did something really bad." I muttered. "You're going to hate me…I know you will because I hate myself."
His eyes furrowed together in a confused manner. "Well, whatever it is Bells, we'll get through it okay? You have family and friends that love…"He said, but I interrupted him before he could continue.
"I've been fooling around with Jasper for the last month and a half." The words cut me deeply as they came out of my mouth.
I heard a sharp intake of breath and I buried my head in my hands. "And now Jasper might die because of me. Alice found us as he kissed me. That's when she ran out and Jasper followed her. We ran out into the front yard and then Alice ran off, Jasper not hesitating to follow. He didn't even look to see if anyone was coming around the corner."
He nodded, taking in everything I was saying. And to my surprise, he took me into a hug telling me it would all work out. Sometimes I forgot how much I appreciated having him as a brother. He was usually so much into fucking Rose that I thought he forgot about me.
"Thanks." I muttered into his arm.
"How about you go upstairs and take a nap. I am going to call the hospital and see how things are going…we can go there in an hour or something if you want. But I think if we went now it would only make things worse."
I nodded walking up to my room, falling into my bed and sobbing into my pillow.
An hour later I felt a hand on my shoulder waking me up.
Then we were in the car.
Then finally at the hospital.
Emmett had found out that Jasper was in the ICU but stable. He had a very bad concussion, broken ribs, a broken arm and leg and very many gashes covering his body. His beautiful body.
We ran into the waiting area of the ICU and were met with Edward, Rose and some of Jasper's friends whom I had met nonchalantly over the years.
Edward's gaze immediately fell to me and I could feel the resentment pouring out of his eyes. I shuddered, knowing that he now knew our secret. I hadn't expected anything less than that, Alice had every right to tell whom she wanted but I didn't expect it to be now.
Emmett seemed to notice Edward and he placed a brotherly hand on top of my shoulder.
Rosalie ran over to us, kissing Emmett and then looking at me, unsure what to do with me standing there.
No one said anything as we stood there either staring at our feet or at me with loathe across their faces.
Finally, Emmett broke the silence. "So what's the news? How is he doing? Where's Alice?" He asked.
Rosalie answered going back over to her chair, sitting down. "Same as he was when I talked to you an hour ago and Alice is in there with him and his parents. She's pretty torn up. Jasper still hasn't woken up from it all, I think they are keeping him in a coma until the pain goes down. Alice said she was going to go home and rest for the night soon, so just be ready for when she comes out." Rose said glaring at me.
"Rose…" Emmett said with warning in his voice.
"No, she's right. I don't see how the hell you can show your face here. After everything you have done, you still feel like you have the right to be here? You hurt my sister more than you ever will know, and you might have caused a death. How does that make you feel? Huh? Was it worth all of the fucking around you have done?" Edward said, chiming in and raising his voice, getting angrier with every word he said.
"Edward…" Now Rosalie was the one warning someone.
"No, this is bull shit. She comes in here looking all innocent like she did nothing. She has been screwing around with her best friend, my sister's boyfriend! Fucking whore."
I winced at the words and felt the tears form in my eyes. I felt Emmett lurch forward and I grabbed his arm in protest.
"Edward, I can handle this." A voice said coming from behind us, where the doors to the hospital rooms were.
We all turned around to see Alice standing in the hallway's entrance. She was still wearing her dress which was stained with red all over.
"She's just as concerned as everyone here is. Although, I do find it pretty disgusting to be wearing my boyfriend's hoodie right in front of my fucking face."
I looked down, not even realizing what shirt I had put on. Sure enough, it was his hoodie of his favorite band, 100 Monkey's.
I wrapped my arms across my chest to hide the words of the band's name.
"I'm going home. He is stable, and they aren't bringing him out of his coma until tomorrow morning. He hasn't moved his hands or anything to let us know he is ok and responsive. It's a waiting game at this point. So I'm leaving to wash all of this blood off of me and get some sleep." Alice said walking away from all of us.
"Alice…" I said walking after her.
She turned around, tears staining her face. "NO! You do not get to talk to me right now. Not tonight. Don't even try…I can't even look at you right now." She said walking onto the elevator.
I stood there pathetically watching the doors close in front of her.
The rest of us stayed in the waiting room, waiting for news. But slowly, everyone started to leave for home. The doctors came out, letting us know that there wasn't anything for us to do right now and staying here would be a waste of time. Jasper's parents came out letting us know they were going to go home to get a change of clothes for the night. By that time, everyone but Emmett and I remained.
"Bella, you want to get going soon?" Emmett asked.
I turned towards him in my chair, "Uhm, yeah, is that ok if I go and see him before we leave? I have a feeling that after today I won't see him much."
Emmett nodded and left to go get something to drink from the vending machine. I looked down the hallway to where his door was.
I took a deep breath and mustered enough strength to get up and walk to him.
When I entered his room, the beeping and the tubes were overwhelming and intimidating. I could barely see him; he was covered in so many tubes.
There was a chair next to his bed and I walked over to it slowly and sat down in it. He looked so lifeless. It couldn't be Jasper lying in that bed; it had to be someone else.
Taking his hand in mine carefully as to not disturb his IV, I looked around the room to see if anyone was watching me. No one was in there, and the door was closed with the shades brought down from the window. It was just Jasper and I.
I brought his hand to the side of my face pressed my cheek into it, feeling the warmth against my skin. The warmth I loved.
Knowing that I only had one option in this matter, I made up my mind. I needed to remove myself from his life. Alice and my friends at least deserved that. Jasper wasn't mine to fight for, he had never been. So this was it; goodbye.
"Jasper, I know you probably can't hear me but I need to say something." I said looking up at him, brushing a piece of curly blonde hair out of his eyes. "I love you, but we can't do this anymore. I have hurt so many people in a matter of hours, including you. If it weren't for me you wouldn't be lying here right now." I said feeling the tears come to my eyes slowly. "I will never forget what we had, but for the sake of everyone I need to end this tonight. I love you Jasper…goodbye." I said taking one last look at him.
I wanted to badly to kiss him but knew that was somewhat morbid and unnecessary. I took my other hand that wasn't holding onto his and rubbed my finger alongside his cheek. I pulled away and started to get up. Taking one last look at him, I whispered, "Goodbye." And as I started to walk away, I felt his hand grip mine tightly.
Shocked, I looked down at his hand which was clamped around my own. I looked up at his face which was still somber and his eyes were closed. But his hand was definitely holding onto mine.
Reaching down, I released my hand from his, knowing that walking out of those doors was going to be even harder than I thought it was going to be.
I told the nurse what had happened as I was leaving, knowing that it was probably something the doctors should know. Emmett was coming back from the cafeteria when I found him and we left immediately.
X.X.X
So here I was, four in the morning and I was sitting on my bed, my knees pulled up to my chest and tears I didn't know I had, pouring down my face.
I hated myself.
Somehow I had rocked myself to sleep, and I woke to the ringing of our phone. Hearing my dad's voice made me realize I had slept quite a bit. I looked at the clock beside my bed and my eyes widened. It was 1 am the next morning. I had slept through an entire day.
My eyes scanned the scene around me looking for my purse which held my cell phone. I found it on the floor and dug my phone out frantically already knowing what messages it held.
The most recent ones were from our friends, asking me if what they had heard was true. I deleted them at once, not really wanting to get into the details right now. I knew that they most likely just wanted to hear me say the words: I slept with Jasper. But Jasper and I knew that was not what happened. It wasn't a fucking pity relationship…I knew what we had was real.
When I got to the night of the accident in my phone, the text messages started making me feel sick.
"You look amazing Bella." Was one of the messages, and I realized it must have been when I walked in Alice's house.
"You have no idea how much that killed me; you seeing her kiss me like that. I'm so sorry. Let me know where you are around 10…I'll come find you darlin' After their kiss…
"Where are you? I really need you right now honey bee." And that was the last one.
I sighed, deleting all of the text messages except for his. It was the only proof I had that him and I happened.
Because being on the outside looking in, you wouldn't have ever known we existed.
X.X.X
The last months of my senior year flew by but not with ease by a long shot. My life at school had been horrible ever since my first day back after the accident. By the time my feet had entered the doorway, everyone knew my secret.
Jasper was in the intensive care unit for a few days after they brought him out of his coma. He came out fine with a not so minor concussion. Thankfully, everything was going to be ok. With casts, and rest, Jasper would be back to normal in no time.
All of this information was from Rosalie who had passed it on to Emmett who had passed it onto me. It pissed me off that this was reality…but hey…it was my fault.
Jasper had texted me, surprisingly, a few times after he had gotten out of the hospital. Every time I refused to reply back to him.
As far as I knew, Jasper and Alice were still together. I hadn't heard from anyone they had split, and it sucked that I had to rely on other people to know how my friends were.
Graduation was here and as I prepared to walk out on stage, all I could think was "Please God don't let me fall on my face in front of everyone." If I fell I knew it would be the end of the world for me.
However, as soon as I got on stage and looked out into the audience, my fear was no longer falling on my face. My new fear was that of not knowing if I was going to be able to hold back the tears forming in my eyes as they set on Jasper.
He wasn't hard to miss, with his crutches leaning up against his seat, in the fourth row almost directly in the middle.
I looked away from him long enough to shake hands with my principal and take my diploma and walk off the stage.
My face burned as I took my seat next to Christina Sterling and watched the end of the ceremony.
When it was over, I jumped from my seat, trying my hardest to avoid everyone and found my dad who was standing in the back of the room.
"Congratulations Bella!" My dad said as he enveloped me into an embarrassing hug.
My cheeks burned at the contact; my dad and I never really hugged and it came at somewhat of a shock to me.
"Thanks, how about we go home." I said as I started to walk out…I didn't want to have any chance of running into Jasper here, or Alice.
"Well we need to find your brother first. Do you know where he went off to?" My dad asked as he scanned the auditorium for Emmett.
I stood up on my tip-toes to search for him. I finally spotted him at the other end of the room surrounded by Rosalie's family. I was confused when I didn't see Jasper in the group and shrugged it off as I felt my phone buzz in my purse.
Reading it quickly, I told my dad what Emmett had sent me.
Emmett had decided that he wanted to spend the day with Rosalie, and my dad didn't have the courage to say no to him on graduation day. Everyone always got Emmett and I confused. They didn't realize that I wasn't supposed to be a senior in High School. When I was In kindergarten, they let me move ahead a year which put me in the same class as Emmett who is a year older than I am.
"Alright, well it looks like it will just be you and me today kiddo. Where do you want to go eat?"
I shrugged, "Ehh, I don't know dad, I don't really feel like celebrating much, can we just go home?" I asked, hoping I wasn't hurting his feelings.
His face slightly lit up letting me know that he really didn't want to go out to dinner and much more preferred sitting in his favorite chair watching his favorite sports team on the big screen. "Sure, Bells, whatever you want to do. I'm going to go and say hi to your principal and thank him for not flunking your brother…I'll be right back, than we will leave." My dad said as he walked away.
I laughed at his comment, agreeing that a huge thanks was in order. Emmett had never really been the brighter of the two of us.
Deciding that I looked pretty stupid just standing around by myself, I decided to go make sure my locker was completely empty before going home.
As I walked down the hallway I was relieved that I was never going to have to roam these hallways again. High School had been fun, but this last four months had been hell. I never told my dad the whole story, and when he asked why Alice wasn't coming over anymore, I shrugged it off as an argument we had had. He seemed sad when I told him and felt bad knowing that he had always like Alice the most of my friends.
When I got to my locker, my fingers did the work automatically knowing the combination by heart and my door sprung open. I looked in making sure I hadn't left anything, although I wasn't sure what I would possibly want from here. Sure enough, it was empty.
I closed my locker door for the last time and gasped. Jasper was leaning up against the other lockers beside mine; crutches in hand.
"Oh my God Jasper, you fucking scared me." I said looking around nervously hoping Alice or Rosalie wouldn't come around the corner.
"Sorry about that, and don't worry, Alice and her friends left awhile ago to go shopping, I guess they need more than one outfit to wear to the graduation parties tonight. I told them I wasn't feeling good. Although in all actuality, I didn't want to go shopping, you know how much I hate that. And so does Alice, I don't know why she is always insisting on me going with her when all I do is bitch." He laughed and looked at the floor. "Sorry, I'm talking too much. I honestly was hoping that I would find you. Bella, why haven't you been returning my messages?"
My hand flew to my hair out of nervous habit, "I've been busy Jasper. Listen, I don't think this is a good idea." I said, knowing that the longer I stayed here with him, the more I would want him.
"Bull shit Bella; you know damn well that's not why you haven't been replying."
I looked at him, feeling something rise in myself I didn't really expect: anger.
"Fine, you want to know the real reason Jay? I can't stand to know that while I am with you, you are really with her. And that makes me a shitty person to feel that way. I had no right taking someone from my best friend. My best friend who had been there for me through everything. My best friend who I would do anything for. And my best friend who I fucked over and almost got her boyfriend killed all because I couldn't keep my hands to myself. I couldn't respond Jay, it would have ended up killing someone this time." And with those words, I knew what I was talking about. If I had continued with Jasper behind Alice's back, I knew that something could very well happen to Alice. She wasn't stable enough to handle a breakup and who knew what lengths she would go to in order to harm herself.
He shook his head, "Bella, I loved you, I still do, this isn't working; not having you in my life." Jasper said.
I shook my head hoping the tears wouldn't start. I wanted nothing more than to be with him, and it killed me to know that I would never have him again. "I don't know what you want from me, I can't do that to her, and as much as I want to be with you, I can't hurt anyone else. I loved you too Jasper, but there is a reason why you are with her, and why you are not with me. We just need to accept that."
And as I finished my sentence, I started to turn around and leave but I felt a hand wrap around my wrist pulling me forcefully back around.
My back slammed into the locker as I felt his lips crush against mine and I heard his crutches fall to the ground. My hands, which were firmly at my sides moments ago, were now tangled up in his blonde curls. A moan escaped my mouth as I pushed myself further into him feeling the heat between us.
We were on fire as his tongue slipped into my mouth, exploring for the first time in months. His hands roamed the sides of my body as though he hadn't touched anything in months. The trail of his fingers leaving bumps along my skin. It was like fire on ice. His hand cupped my ass and pulled my body closer to him, if that were even possible, and I could feel how bad he wanted this pushing against my sex.
We somehow made it into the janitor's closet that was situated next to where we had started and soon his shirt was off, showing off every perfect muscle he had. My arms were raised above my head as he slid my jeans down slowly and soon his tongue was inside of me.
I gasped at his contact and my hands gripped the bar I was holding tighter as his tongue worked into a rhythm on my clit and then back inside of me.
One of my hands released the bar and went for his hair as I pulled it in sync with the orgasm he gave me. I crashed down hard, unable to see straight.
My hand snaked down to the waist band of his pants as I bit my lip in anticipation. His mouth found mine as my hand tightened around his hard dick. I could taste myself on his lips as I tightened my grasp, and using my other hand I unzipped his pants allowing my hands to pump him.
Months of no contact was suddenly making me do things I had never thought I would do.
"If you keep doing that darlin-I'm going to cum." He said as he bit down on my bottom lip sending a shock throughout my entire body. I think I came at the sensation.
"That's the point." I said as I increased my speed suddenly feeling his hot liquid against my exposed stomach.
He collapsed against me as our breathing labored and finally kissing me softly against my lips.
"Bella, I want you." He said against my lips.
I knew what he was talking about as it was something I had wanted from him for months. But I knew the reality of it was that I couldn't do it with him while he was still with Alice. There was no way that I would be able to forgive myself.
Kissing him back, I pushed him away slightly, pulling my jeans back up and fastening them. He mirrored my actions as he pulled his jeans back up as well, facing me with a confused look on his face.
"I already hurt her, Jasper. I can't do it again." I said crossing my arms, knowing he would know I was talking of Alice.
He shook his head and leaned up against the wall beside me. I anxiously awaited his response to my comment. I was hoping he would tell me what I wanted and needed to hear. That he felt the same way and he knew we needed to be together; not him and Alice.
But that didn't happen.
"You're right, we can't keep doing this."
He was silent for awhile and finally he turned to face me, standing in front of me. "I can't leave Alice, Bella. It would destroy her; you of all people know that."
This wasn't happening. Not even ten minutes ago he had been on the floor, his hands all over me. He had muttered the words "I love you" to me before that as well. This wasn't supposed to be how this ended.
His words pained me, but I knew the truth behind them.
I took his hands which were at his sides and held them together between my own.
"This will be the last time you ever see me then." I said, almost in a whisper as the pain tore through me. I knew this was right…but it felt so wrong.
Not wanting to make it any harder, I walked to the door, opening it quickly and closing it behind me.
I went to my locker where my purse lay and picked it up and walked back the way I had came, knowing my dad was waiting for me in the auditorium.
X.X.X
Summer flew by like a piece of paper on a windy day. It was full of me working my ass off to try and save up enough money for college. I had been accepted to NYU and was anxious on getting started on my major in journalism.
That day with Jasper was the last time I had seen him or heard from him for that matter.
For all I knew he was still with Alice.
Alice and I hadn't spoken since the hospital after the accident and I had no hopes in ever speaking to her again. But I couldn't blame her. I would probably have done the same thing.
It was the day I was to leave for New York and my stomach was full of butterflies, but not for starting over and beginning a new life. But for the fact that I had a very long flight ahead of me and airplanes were never my friend.
Emmett had announced soon after graduation that he was taking a year off to go to L.A with Rosalie while she attended fashion school. My father was far less than pleased at the fact that he wasn't going into college right away, but I think what pissed him off worse was that he was, in his eyes, following in his footsteps. Charlie had always told us that we had to go to college right after high school, or what happened to him would happen to us. While he was the best at his job, my dad didn't have a college education and it seemed to hang over his head every day.
"I'm going to miss you Bells." Emmett said as he picked me up into a bear hug, spinning me slightly at the airport. He set me down and put his hands in his pockets. "Promise me that if anyone gives you shit you will call me up. I will be there as soon as I can…no one messes with my little sister."
I smiled giving him another hug. "You better visit me." I said.
Emmett smiled and nodded in response.
Turning to my dad, I wasn't sure what to do. Sure I felt bad for leaving him here…but was assured almost every day he wouldn't be alone.
While most of the money I had saved was going for the part of college my scholarships didn't cover, a lot of it was going to plane trips home…which I intended to make happen often.
"You be careful out there Bella." My dad said picking up my suitcase as we moved up in line. "You have your pepper spray?" He asked me.
My dad had made me promise I would take pepper spray with me, but knowing the security I knew it probably wouldn't make it through. So I didn't pack it, but made a note to get some as soon as I got to NYC. "Yes, it's in my bag." I said patting my purse in a fake manner.
He sighed in relief. "Alright, looks like you are all ready to go. Im going to miss you Bells. I love you." He said awkwardly.
I smiled, "Love you too dad."
And that was it.
By the next day, I had been determined to make it dedicated to unpacking day. Somehow I had gotten lucky and had been assigned a single room. Not because I was a loner, but I was excited to have my own space. Something I thought I would need my first year.
By lunch time, I had unpacked everything except my school supplies, my clothes and the groceries I had gotten from the market across the street.
I sat on my bed, satisfied at my accomplishments. I grabbed my phone and checked it for messages. One from my dad, two from Emmett and one from Mike, saying he would miss me. I laughed at the comment and heard a knock at the door.
Surprised at the knock, I jumped at the noise. I racked my brain trying to figure out why there would be someone at the door.
"They better not have messed up my room assignment. There is NO way someone else is going to fit in here." I said walking to the door.
I un did the five dead bolts and opened the door and suddenly falling into astonishment as I came face to face with Jasper.
"What are you doing here?" I asked him, not sure what to do.
He smiled his crooked smile and my heart fluttered at the sight of him. He was wearing a plaid shirt, denim jeans, cowboy boots and a cowboy hat.
"Well darlin, I heard you left Forks and was shocked I didn't receive a goodbye." He said leaning against the door frame, his green eyes sparkling.
"Jasper, of course I didn't say goodbye…you kno-…" I started to say but was cut off.
"I broke it off with Alice, a week ago." He said standing up straighter.
"You broke it off…with…Alice?" I said, feeling dizzy. "Is she ok?" I asked, hoping he wasn't here to tell me something awful.
He smiled, "Yeah, she's fine. She said she knew it was coming and that it was probably for the best. Last I heard she was hanging out with someone new."
I let out a breath, happy that she was doing ok.
"So Alice is…"
"Fine." He answered.
"And you are…"
"Single." He said smiling, reaching for my hand.
"And you are standing here…" I said as I relished the spark of electricity as his hand touched mine.
He grinned his half smile and cupped my face with his other hand. "I'm standing here in front of you, wanting with every part of me to be with you, for real this time. I am also desperately hoping you and I can start off where we left off months ago. Do you remember darlin'?"
I smiled as I came closer to him, feeling his breath on my face. "I remember." I said as I kissed his lips lightly.
He kissed me back and then pulled away, moving the hair away from my face. "So what do you say?"
I smiled before kissing him hard on the lips. Pulling away I said, "I say, there is plenty more where that came from." And I pulled a wide smiling Jasper into my room, shutting the door behind us, with no intentions of coming out anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment